The objectives of the project are:
- Overall objective:
- To bridge the gap between research and market, verifying the suitability at industrial scale of the PCT (Pressure change technology) for significant reduction of sulphur dioxide in shelf life stabilization of wine by controlling microbial spoilage and preventing its oxidation.
- Technological objectives:
- Industrial scale production of PCT units, including process control.
- Validation of the process PCT on selected types of wines and winemaking stages at two industrial locations for extended periods (at least six months) for verification of technical and economic viability, including financial risks.
- Widespread dissemination to potential commercial clients to facilitate post-project market replication.